Saturday, May 9, 2009

Still in Love




Italians are full of amore, and have no shame in expressing it through Public Display of Affection. You can't walk down the street without seeing at least one couple pressed up against the wall making out. I have seen instances where they just, to put it bluntly, needed to keep it in the bedroom.

The thing about Italian PDA is that it isn't just the young-uns, it's everyone .

I have never seen so many elderly couples so visibly still in love as I have while in Italy. As would be expected, they have different ways of showing their affection rather than playing tonsil-hockey like the teenagers and 20-somethings.

I can't even begin to put into words how heartwarming it is to see 80 & 90-year old couples walking down the street, arms linked, or holding hands (Note: From my observations in the United States, it seems as though holding hands is a lost art among couples...even the teen & 20-year olds). I have seen elderly couples help each other put on coats, hold something for the other...just little things that let you know they are still in love.

It makes me wish I had an honorary set of Italian grandparents. :)

Smiles,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment